A world leader in medical diagnostic and clinical trial testing services that has been operating for more than 40 years. Annually, it performs over 20 million tests and studies across 65 countries.
Upgrading a decade-old online portal that served employees and customers alike.
ACM Global Laboratories is a world leader in medical diagnostic and clinical trial testing services that has been operating for more than 40 years. Annually, it performs over 20 million tests and studies across 65 countries.
Our approach started with a three-sprint discovery phase focused on:
- Gathering the requirements for the minimal viable product (MVP)
- Developing the application’s architecture and infrastructure
- Creating a plan and cost for implementation
To find out and establish the must-haves for the MVP, we conducted 22 interviews to complement the set of preliminary requirements provided by our customer. Equipped with the discovery data, we accurately defined the audience’s front and backend needs. This led to creating wireframes that supported the development of the final product. Knowing that ACM is a Microsoft-centric organization, we recommended Microsoft Azure as the cloud platform for the project.
Discovery: 6 weeks Implementation: 6.5 months
Microsoft Azure Cloud
ASP .NET / C#
UI & UX
We successfully delivered an updated online portal that’s secure, user-centric, and accessible 24x7x365 on the cloud.
Compliance and security
- Conforming to 21 CFR Part 11 and ACM SOP-1089.02
- Integrating with ACM Active Directory
- Integration with ACM’s DocuWare document management system allowed clients to view and download PDF versions of Patient Reports
- Display of results online in real-time (vs. a 6-hour-lag before the project)
- Clients can now order and track orders of Specimen Collection Kits online
- Overall increase of the portal’s performance
- ACM now has display messages and announcements on the site to all portal users