Requires experience in property and casualty and agile development methodology. The client's cutting-edge Software Development Services team is staffing several positions. Experience working in an Agile environment and exposure across multiple disciplines including development, requirements analysis and Scrum is a plus.
• Delivers technology solutions to the business that increase business value, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
• Drives requirements and systems analysis to ensure in-scope business needs and application and data changes are accurately identified and translated into requirements. Ensures that the functional integrity of existing applications is maintained.
• Promotes an environment of sharing, exploration and collaboration across the analysis and delivery communities.
• Leads in the creation and management of the backlog including all work on the Nationwide line.
• Leads in creation of a requirements management plan, the breakdown of analysis work and removes roadblocks so that analysis work can progress as planned. Together with other leads, assists the product owner in organizing the backlog including prioritization, grooming and dependency and change management.
• Enables tracking and measurement of analysis work through leading indicators, KPIs and other metrics.
• Coaches and directs other analysts on daily tasks and activities and for capability and skill uplift.
• Ensures an understanding of business value in all decisions made on the application or application suite. Supports value-based decision making on the application or suite.
• Partners with the product owner or business lead to define and document business goals, processes and practices to provide input to backlog creation and management.
• Enables backlog creation and continuous management to ensure consistent delivery of prioritized scope within and across releases. Generates traceability from business needs through requirements and down to the work item level to aid in value delivery.
• Creation and management of visual management system to support backlog management, iterative development and leadership oversight (in conjunction with the Scrum Master).
• Leads in story elaboration and securing business sign-off on acceptance criteria so that there is a common understanding on the definition of done for all work.
• Ensures understanding of non-functional, data and information requirements in support of anticipated scope. Ensures understanding of end-to-end data flow to meet business needs.
• Aids in impact analysis and dependency coordination within and across Nationwide lines.
Support the product owner on prioritization coordination for all work on the application or application suite.
• Provides the team with enough information for appropriate estimation during the software development lifecycle. Aids in securing answers to outstanding questions in support of design and development.
• Supports change management as well as risk and issue identification and management in the backlog.
• Helps drive analysis capability and skill uplift through thought leadership and coaching.
• At least six years of technical work experience in the information technology field
• Two or more years of experience working within an iterative software development environment
• Awareness of Agile and Lean concepts in a collaborative and continuous improvement culture
• Candidate should also possess solid leadership and communication skills