This opportunity is not open to C2C relationships or visa sponsorship.
This is opportunity is for local candidates only.
Responsible for the overall design and planning of a complex WAN and LAN network structure accountable for the overall integrity of all aspects of our network services for all customers. Architects, designs, and evaluates data networking interdependencies, network security, and telecommunications solutions to specifications meeting customer and departmental project timelines. Is a project manager for various technical networking projects.
• Architects and designs fail safe networks to accommodate the needs of customers for all locations.
• Provides expertise in the use of network hardware and communications software supported products.
• Recommends the highest quality network hardware and communication software to accommodate the customer’s needs.
• Designs network hardware and communications software configurations based on customer requirements using the network lab to configure and emulate the customer’s request in a test environment.
• Evaluates customer projects and determines design changes necessary to the current environment in order to implement the project per its requirements.
• Prepares customer cost estimates including initial purchase and lease costs, maintenance costs, supplied costs, as well as any other costs having an impact on either operating or capital budgets.
• Performs installation, upgrading, and patching of all Technical Services supported network hardware and communications software products.
• Provides preventive maintenance cleanings and inspections of network hardware.
• Provides expertise on emerging technologies for feasibility of potential implementation.
• Architects and designs physical and logical network infrastructure transport mechanisms according to established protocols and building codes for new installations or modifications.
• Monitors, evaluates, and recommends changes to new and existing network installations. Ensures network hardware and software standards are in compliance with existing and future network installations.
• Assists in the planning and monitoring of the Networking Engineering budget. Submits requirements in preparation for the next fiscal year.
• Takes an active part in cost negotiations with network hardware, communications software, training, and maintenance vendors.
• Provides expertise in ordering, inventory control, and return processes for components utilized by the Network Engineering team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 6 years previous computer networking experience which should include both local and wide area communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field OR combination of education and experience may be considered.