This is opportunity is for local candidates only.
The Java Developer contributes to software development projects designed to improve the capability and efficiency of our business operations. We have a variety of ongoing projects involving processing monthly payments through banking institutions, enhancing online services for members and re-engineering client-server applications into modern intranet web applications.
• You will be a member of one of our 7 Agile Scrum teams.
• Each team is assigned to a project for a series of sprints.
• The team may release deliverable functionality following any sprint.
• All team activities are managed using Atlassian Agile and JIRA.
• Your Scrum team will consist of 4-7 members and be led by ASRS business and technology leaders.
• An experienced Technical Lead will work with you to ensure your team’s success.
• Our development pipeline and methodology is rooted in the DevOps concept.
• The Java Developer provides a stable work environment and a professional atmosphere that fosters a healthy work-life balance.
• We enable our developers to work on every part of the application: automated tests, user interface, controller logic, back-end services and database operations.
• We may have some specialists, but nobody works on just one tier of the application.
• Over time, your skills will improve, broaden and remain current because our systems depend upon current versions of the following popular frameworks and technologies: JQuery, Bootstrap, Java 8, Cucumber, Selenium, Apache Tomcat, the Spring Framework and Oracle databases.
• Minimum of five years working experience in Information Technology
• Minimum of three years developing Java web applications or web services
• Minimum of two years developing Automation Test Scripts
• Familiar with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD), knowledge in Cucumber is a plus
• Familiar with all facets of the software development lifecycle; preferably with Agile Scrum
• Experience in systems analysis, application design, quality assurance, and the coordination of multiple enterprise systems to achieve overall system functionality is desirable
• Knowledge of secure software development practices and experience software vulnerability remediation is desirable
• Applied knowledge of version control, configuration management, and continuous integration is desirable
• Bachelor’s degree is highly desired; preferably in Software Development or Information Technology
• Participation in continued education will be considered a plus