This is opportunity is for local candidates only.
Cloud Administrator who is passionate about what they do and loves technology. This individual will be responsible for the day to day operation of our VMware hyper-converged infrastructures, Public and Private Cloud environments to include maintaining system availability, security, system patching, Active Directory/GPO modifications, network connectivity, and backup processes.
• 2-3 years of experience working with native Azure or AWS technologies to include EC2, S3, VPC, Direct
• Connect, Elastic beanstalk, RDS implementations and NAT GW's.
• Deploying and manage multiple workloads in approved State Agency Public and Private cloud infrastructures.
• Strong system administration skills with Windows and Linux-based operating systems.
• Experience in identifying and remediating Windows and Linux Vulnerabilities to include SSL/TLS and Certificate mgmt.
• Maintain system availability, performance, and utilization of our hosted Cloud and Hyper-Converged infrastructures.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment while meeting deliverables.
• Strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage with other team members, departments, and C-level executives.
• Working technical knowledge of current network protocols and standards, including firewalls, security groups, and Active Directory.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• 1-2 years of experience with developing, running and maintaining scripts. (PowerShell, CLI, JSON, Python, Bash)
• Provides guidance, assistance, training, and education to State agencies and supporting the State's Cloud First initiatives.
• Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server and Linux based environments. (Cloud and on- prem infrastructures)
• Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server
• Solid understanding of ITIL Service processes and escalation management
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Solid understanding of virtual cloud networks and appliances
• Understanding of IaaS and PaaS technologies
• Understanding of Disaster
• Recovery technologies
• Cloud experience, preferably with AWS or Azure
• Strong understanding of Active Directory and DNS technologies
• Experience with VMware Vcenter 6.x
• Strong scripting skills (i.e. Powershell, Python, Lambda, CLI, JSON)
• Excellent analytical and creative problem- solving skills
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure