Title: IT Security Architect
Location: Harrisburg, PA
- NO C2C and NO sponsorship available for this opportunity
- MUST HAVE Federal Security Clearance
- Remote with occasional on-site presence after Harrisburg location is fully opened.
Solu Technology Partners is seeking an IT Security Architect lead for the Network, Systems and/or Applications security in accordance with my client’s strategic goals. The IT Security Architect is responsible for defining, developing, and designing security systems in order to solve business and technology problems. Analyze current security technology platforms in order to suggest enhancements, strengthen security, and serve as an information security subject matter expert in one or more security domains. This individual applies proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of security best practices to guide team members on issues related to overall enterprise security
Our client is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach, and other student aid programs.
- Strategy Development (75%) Change agent within the organization through hands on technical and security subject matter expertise.
- Analyze project-level security architecture needs; recommend solutions to align with security architecture.
- Design security patterns for efficient and highly secure infrastructure across the blended cloud and on-premise architectural footprint.
- Perform technology research and analysis, facilitate systems and services acquisition, architecture and risk assessment across the blended cloud and on-premise architecture.
- Contribute to Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Systems Security and/or Network Security including use of cloud-based and emerging technologies.
- Guide the solution design, engineering, and deployment of IT solutions across the blended cloud and on-premise architectural footprint.
- Ensure compliance to security industry standards including NIST, PCI, FISMA, and FedRAMP specific requirements or policies.
- Provide architectural support and strategic guidance for the security technologies.
- Identify and implement security controls to cost-effectively protect information system assets.
- Perform security reviews, review vulnerability scans and penetration tests, and assist the peer Digital Technology Solutions (DTS) teams with security best practices in their respective areas.
- Maintain knowledge of current security industry best practices and technologies.
- Project Coordination (20%) Collaborate with and influence project teams on security policy and procedures regarding use of security products, techniques, and patterns.
- Lead the implementation of moderate to high complexity security initiatives.
- Must be capable of Identifying and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Identify deviations from security policy and report on risks and exposures needing remediation.
- Provide on-going guidance, mentoring, and motivation to ESO staff.
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Information
- Security/Risk Analysis and a minimum of 7+ years of relevant industry experience required or any equivalent combination of knowledge, training, and/or experience.
- Advance knowledge of standards, security controls, information technology and information security.
- Experience with hacker techniques, phishing schemes, emerging logical security threats, and compromised server techniques.
- Proficient in a wide range of security technologies and passionate about protecting the environment, employees, and company assets in all forms.
- Viewed as an expert in security technologies with knowledge of related technology areas.
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise-wide issues and recommends solutions for the detection, remediation, and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
- Proven experience working with compliance, legal and privacy with respect to logical security, personally identifiable information, data protection etc.
- Expert knowledge of one or more of secure systems and network architectures and best practices, identity and access management, application security, encryption technologies, CISCO (switches, routers), firewalls, IDS/IPS, and database.
- Demonstrated ability to apply security architectural principles, methods, and tools to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated expertise in architecting and designing highly available, scalable, and secure solutions that use, virtualization, DR/Business continuity, and security technologies and concepts.
- Ability to excel with minimal direct supervision.
- Current security-related industry certifications (CISSP, CRISC, and/or CISA)
- Application and network architecture frameworks and experience
- Information security risk management
- Knowledge of cloud computing and cloud native technologies
- Experience with cloud security, identity, and compliance products (AWS, Azure).
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and promote effective working relationships with all levels of AES/PHEAA management.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and apply disparate pieces of information.
- Ability to assess and identify dependencies and actions needed to successfully perform work as assigned.
- Must have effective negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical, organization and problem-solving skills and the ability to focus attention on details.
*Solü Technology Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.