Partners with subject matter experts to rapidly design, develop and deploy technical learning content for health plan operations end-users and business partners. Utilizes new and evolving technology, applies instructional design best practices and adult learning principles to deliver high-quality, interactive learning experiences. Performs curriculum assessment and revision; writes and edits training materials and provides constructive feedback for curriculum-based education courses. Follows department standards to design and develop, assess, and maintain content in a variety of mediums.
COURSE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY:
• Conduct needs assessment to define course objectives and identify methods of training for required learning outcomes
• Apply adult learning principles and best practices to design, develop and implement training courses to meet defined customer needs. Including, but not limited to, evaluating a broad range of delivery methods: instructor-led, on-line, micro-learnings, gamification, multimedia programs and job aids.
• Develop course objectives, content outlines and methodology, and revise as necessary
• Develop instructional materials using BCBSAZ Workforce Development standardized templates, branding and processes
• Develop and conduct evaluation of training materials to ensure effectiveness and recommend improvements to existing materials and delivery methods
• Serve as a department/organizational resource for design and development knowledge, adult learning principles, authoring tools and examples for writing training documentation
• Incorporate new technologies and practices into new and existing training
• Develop micro-learnings, videos, simulations, skills assessments, record narration and publish to the Learning Management System or other designated location
NEEDS ASSESSMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Recommend training methodology based on training needs assessment and customer’s requirements
• Keep stakeholders advised of status/results of procedural changes resulting in course material revisions
• Maintain working relationship with stakeholders and subject matter experts to keep current on system changes that require written procedures, work flow or processing changes
• Maintain course files in accordance with department standards using the department formatting guidelines and documentation development tools
• Consult with all levels of management on design of course materials and delivery methods. Identify and recommend training and non-training solutions.
• Apply knowledge of adult learning principles, learning technologies and instructional design techniques to all projects and inform management of new technology, and techniques that should be considered for evolving business partner and stakeholder learning needs.
• Develop the level of Subject Matter Expertise for BCBSAZ’s Learning System Management to advise and recommend new capabilities to management
• Create detailed project plans for all project assignments and use project management skills to set priorities
• Assist in reviewing and implementing system enhancements and testing Learning Management System capabilities
• Coordinate projects as assigned related to corporate quality and service improvements
• The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• 2 years of experience in instructional design, with specific experience in designing virtual facilitator led courses, e-learning and blended learning projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to craft professional, clear, written communications.
• Intermediate proficiency in BCBSAZ systems, MS Office products and virtual meeting software
• Advanced proficiency in content authoring, e-learning, online/virtual learning, gamification and micro-learning software
• Intermediate skill/ability to speak professionally in a public/classroom venue
• Maintain confidentiality and privacy
• Author new technical documentation and course curriclums
• Author new e-learning, online/virtual courses, gamification and micro-learning courses
• Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs and guidelines
• Capable of investigative and analytical research
• Use best practices to ensure course flow, appropriate verbal and visual examples, analogies and stories to explain concepts.
• Develop activities to effectively assess and demonstrate learner proficiency in course objectives
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to listen and assimilate information from a variety of sources and subject-matter experts
• Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple and changing priorities and make independent decisions within authority level
• Follow and accept instruction and direction
• Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
• Must take initiative to identify best practices and new learning tools/techniques
• Anticipate stakeholder needs and make appropriate recommendations to management for implementation
• 5 years of experience in instructional design and curriculum development, from needs analysis to course evaluation, with specific experience in designing micro-learning, e-learning and blended learning projects
• Previous leadership experience in managing the training function
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Instructional Design/Development, education, adult learning or related field of study
• Instructional Design certification