Senior Financial Analyst – Tucson, AZ (contract)
**No 3rd Parties**
The Sr. Financial Analyst conducts in-depth financial analysis and provides financial process management and support for activities including business planning, forecasting/budgeting, business/project valuation and results reporting and analysis. High level, cross-functional communication is essential, with emphasis on financial performance and analysis. Area of assignment may include Lifecycle Finance, Function Finance or Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Performs regular business analysis highlighting key trends and variances to targets and recommends countermeasures where necessary.
- Delivers regular financial results reporting packages and presentations for organizational partners and management.
- Coordinates forecast and budget process across multiple stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate submission.
- Works with organizational partners in developing functional and project level forecasts and budgets.
- Assists in creation of forecast and budget presentations for management.
- Leads monthly financial close for partner groups, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results in compliance with all accounting and reporting requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in all finance and accounting processes.
- Performs other duties and special projects as required.
Lifecycle & Function Finance:
- Facilitates alignment of project resource needs with functional headcount supply and projections.
- Analyzes trends and recommends changes to demand/supply to improve alignment.
- Partners with organization and participates in management team and/or project team meetings as necessary.
- Performs financial analyses and business/project valuations that require in-depth assessment of all assumptions and multiple scenarios.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for financial analysis.
- Ability to present findings clearly and accurately cross-functionally to all levels of the organization.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Administers financial planning and reporting systems including Cognos Finance, Cognos Enterprise Planning, Tableau and SAP BW/Business Objects.
- Coordinates any necessary development, update, and support activities in support of finance processes, including report development and maintenance, ETL processes and master data maintenance.
- Degree in finance, accounting or related discipline; MBA preferred.
- 6 years years of related experience.
- Finance business partnering experience, preferably including accounting close, forecast/budget, and business/project valuation.
- Advanced experience with financial reporting, planning and analysis systems. Experience with SAP ERP, SAP BW, SAP BusinessObjects, Cognos/Unicom Finance, Cognos Enterprise Planning, and Cognos TM1 a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing or project accounting a plus.
Knowledge, Skill or Ability:
- Extensive knowledge base of Finance and/or Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced and changing business environment.
- Ability to be creative and innovative when problem-solving.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Contract: 6 months (could run longer)
“The difference is you and it starts with Solu”
Solu Technology Partners has been an IT staffing and service provider since 1995. While our approach has shifted over time to meet the evolving needs of the IT landscape, our values have not. We put integrity first believing it to be the foundation of any successful business relationship; and it starts with your very first point of contact. We want to be part of YOUR career development and we understand the importance of finding a position that offers you challenge and growth.
Solu has strategic partnerships with clients whose values align with our own, in industries from manufacturing to healthcare and some that have secured spots on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. As an elite member of the Solu team, you can expect a long-term rewarding relationship that endures the constant change of the technology workplace. We look forward to adding you to the equation.
Please submit your resume today.
*Solü Technology Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.