A recognized leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, benefits, human resources, and insurance services for small and medium sized businesses.
Give a critical application its first major overhaul since it was built in 2006.
A leader in SMB Finance and Human Resources outsourcing was seeking to make major enhancements to a mature application with a large, established user base. Critical success factors included the addition of features needed to support large/complex customers along with the ability to scale as customer growth accelerates.
In the quest to deliver a next generation application the project team faced several key challenges:
- New features required to support large/complex customers were much more computationally demanding than current features.
- New features and performance optimizations had to be implemented for both a desktop application used by the client’s operational support team and a web application used by their customers.
- Existing features needed to be optimized or overhauled to support large/complex customers.
- There was an incomplete understanding of current application performance as well as current and target customer profiles. These knowledge gaps limited the quality of non-functional requirements provided to development and performance engineering teams.
- The methodology used to measure and forecast performance in both pre-production and production environments needed to be enhanced to adequately address the emphasis on large/complex customers.
Oracle Weblogic Application Server
JBoss / WildFly Application Server
Redhat Enterprise Linux
HP Real User Monitoring (RUM)
CA Wily Introscope
SOASTA Cloud Test
A more efficient, feature-rich application with across the board performance gains and the ability to support customers 100x+ more complex than before.
- After an unsuccessful attempt with another vendor, Solü provided a team of development, analysis, and Agile project management resources that were instrumental in turning a troubled project into a major success. In addition to delivering a leaner, faster application with new and improved features, the project team developed tools and made process changes to maximize product quality, performance, and scalability.
- Solü worked in partnership with client staff to deliver feature enhancements that directly addressed key corporate strategies aimed at facilitating self-service, reducing operational setup and support times, and consolidating customers to a single application. Although project deliverables included an impressive list of new features, the most innovative gains came in the area of large/complex customer support. The team successfully delivered features necessary to win new large customer business, allow the migration of large customers from a legacy system, as well as facilitate the onboarding and maintenance of large customers.